Dishwashers. Seem pretty simple, right? Load, run, unload. Occasionally add rinse aid. Think again. There is so much to say about dishwashers I need several posts to cover it all.
Today’s dishwashers offer a multitude of cycle options. Knowing how each one works, will save you time and water.
- uses lower heat and pressure to prevent breakage of expensive, delicate plates and glasses
- Got lipstick marks? This cycle removes residue with ease!
- Baby bottles
- Kids’ toys
- Cutting boards used for raw meat
Top Rack Only
- For smaller loads
- Saves water by turning off the pump that operates the bottom sprayer
- Uses only 1/2 gallon of water vs up to 6.5 for a standard load vs over 20 gallons with hand washing
- Removes water spots